Patrick D. McDonnell, Esq.
Pat joined the practice in 2008, having previously clerked at the firm while attending law school. He holds a bachelor’s of science in chemical engineering from the Pennsylvania State University and graduated cum laude from Widener University School of Law. For several years prior to attending law school, he was an engineer for Pall Corporation, a major filter manufacturer.
He has successfully represented clients in a variety of litigation matters, and results include:
- Dismissal of a seven-figure veil-piercing claim brought by Fortune 100 company against a small business owner
- A six-figure settlement following a bench trial for a commercial creditor in a veil piercing claim;
- A jury verdict and $45,000 payment on behalf of homeowners association;
- A $40,000 settlement for a manufacturer in trespass litigation against a large national bank;
- A settlement for an employee in overtime litigation under Pennsylvania’s Wage Payment and Collection Law and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act for the full amount of the unpaid wages, liquidated damages, and attorneys fees; and
- A substantial settlement for an employee in Federal Age Discrimination litigation.
He has helped numerous homeowners in foreclosure, often resulting in mortgage modifications, reinstatements, or private sales of the real estate involved. He has also successfully represented individuals sued in Magisterial District Courts and the Court of Common Pleas by debt buyers.
Pat regularly represents property owners, contractors, and builders in construction litigation and mechanics liens; landlords and tenants in residential and commercial leases, debtors in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, and individual in unemployment compensation hearings. Pat also defends individuals facing criminal charges, drawing his prior experience as a special assistant to the Montgomery County Public Defenders’ Office.
He has also advised clients in non-litigation matters, drafting and negotiating documents related to:
- Formation, purchase, and sale of corporations and limited liability companies
- Real estate deeds and mortgages
- Residential and Commercial Leases
- Employment, independent contractor, and severance agreements
- Wills, trusts, powers of attorneys and healthcare declarations
Pat is a member of the Bars of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey and is admitted to practice before the District of New Jersey and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Pat resides in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania with his wife and children.
Our Attorneys have helped many clients for over 20 years, with personal Injury cases from the following areas: Royersford, Collegeville, Limerick, Boyertown, Phoenixville, Pottstown, Gilbertsville, Douglassville, Schwenksville, Birdsboro, Chester Springs, Reading, Skippack, Norristown, King of Prussia, Montgomery County, Berks County, Chester County, Philadelphia County, Lancaster County, Delaware County and Eastern Pennsylvania. Free Consult, No Recovery, No Fee. Call 610-792-3304