Did a truck hit you or a loved one?
First, some good news: the truck likely has a commercial insurance policy (with high coverage limits)
- see a doctor for any medical symptoms or injuries
- don’t speak to the other driver’s insurance company
- don’t give the other driver’s insurance company any statements or allow them to record you
- ask the police for the truck’s DOT number
- get pictures asap… the crash scene, the vehicles, your injuries
Be Wary: With a commercial policy involved, the insurance company will try to limit damage exposure.
The truck insurance company’s goal is to pay as little as possible to get out of your claim. They do this every day. When injured from a truck accident there are special issues (see for example below). The personal injury lawyer you choose will affect your case.