How We Can Help Your Family:
- Explain all of your options and provide you with a plan as to how we can proceed in the case
- We will do a complete investigate the causes of the incident and work to preserve evidence and protect your interests
- Contact witnesses
- We will retain any experts needed to prove the case
- Obtain reports from doctors
- We will contact medical facilities and billing companies to work on resolving the bills you received
- We understand that you and your family are grieving and sincerely want to help your family – we will concentrate on preserving all claims and help you make important legal decisions that you are facing so that you can spend the time you need with your family.
- We will file the documents to appoint a personal representative of your choice for the Estate
- Timely file a Civil Action with the appropriate Court
- Remain in close communication with you and answer your questions as the case proceeds
Claims in Pennsylvania
If a death of a person is caused by the negligence or carelessness of another person, entity, or company, Pennsylvania Law allows for two types of claims:
- Survival Action. Survival claims are the claim of your loved one had he or she survived. This includes any pain and suffering, wage losses and lost future earnings.
- Wrongful Death. This is the claim of the surviving family members for the loss of your loved one. These include loss of companionship, solace, comfort, and protection, as well as loss of financial support, funeral expenses. In a wrongful death claim, damages include “present value” of the services that your deceased loved one would have rendered to family members. These damages would include the economic value of the service, society, and comfort that your family would have received. Included would be things such as physical comfort, work around the house, etc. We are permitted to have an expert testify as to what the amount of the economic service is. Also, in Pennsylvania, a child can recover in a wrongful death claim for the loss of their parent’s companionship, parental guidance, tutelage, moral upbringing, and comfort. We have handled wrongful death claims on behalf of children and have experience in successfully bringing and winning these cases.
- These damages are listed in the Pennsylvania Suggested Standard Civil Jury Instructions.
If you are looking for hard-working lawyers who will take the time to explain the issues you are facing, answer your questions and honor your trust, call us today at (610) 792-3304
We are ready to earn your trust and work for your case. Or, contact us via email. For nearly two decades, families in our community have trusted our lawyers to handle their cases.
We have helped many clients for over 25 years, with wrongful death cases from the following areas: Royersford, Collegeville, Limerick, Boyertown, Phoenixville, Pottstown, Gilbertsville, Douglassville, Schwenksville, Birdsboro, Chester Springs, Reading, Skippack, Norristown, King of Prussia, Montgomery County, Berks County, Chester County, Philadelphia County, Lancaster County, Delaware County and Eastern Pennsylvania. Free Consult, No Recovery, No Fee. Call (610) 792-3304